Saturday, February 7, 2015

Found Blocks

A couple of weeks ago, I went searching in my fabric stash (what? I have lots of stashes...), looking for a specific accent fabric that I *knew* I had. I didn't find it. But I did find these...


16 big quilt blocks that I had forgotten entirely. I did finally find a reference to them here and here from back in 2009. I have a vague memory of frustration over the arrangement of the blocks (trying to keep matching fabrics away from each other)(which I quickly remembered was impossible, so I finally settled for the centers to be non-matching), and I assume I put them away. Also, right around then, my old sewing machine really and truly started to die.

But I have a new sewing machine now... so....

















P.S. I still hesitate to show my free-motion quilting to actual quilters, but I am getting better each time I try it.

P.S.S. It's about 60" square

2 comments:

Frankie said...

This quilt really turned out pretty! How nice that you were able to find such a treasure stashed away and finish it up. And I think your quilting looks great!

Carol D said...

Found beauty!!!! I'm not an actual quilter, so you're safe with me. I think your quilting looks fabulous. The colors and design are so happy, too.