Monday, May 19, 2014

Slightly Wordier Finger-Down Gloves


I finished the first prototype- it's a little snug for me, so I'll call this size Small Ladies. The next pair will have maybe 4 more stitches in the hand, though I haven't quite figured out how to divide that out among the fingers (8 stitches would be easier to manage, but that's too many for a medium hand, though it might work for a large). I made a roll cuff hem because that edge is a whole lot stretchier than binding off in ribbing. I like the look.

At any rate, I am happy with the process, and will now need to fine tune the technique. I'm already getting requests to teach this pattern, which means I probably should get it all worked out first... heh...

Also- my book proposal went to my agent, and from there it'll go to my editor. I'll keep all y'all posted.

2 comments:

straythreads said...

so that is way gloves are knit!?! When your book comes out I will try them. I have been re reading your mystery books and enjoying them on my kindle as much as the first time!

Kathleen Taylor said...

Not usually- most gloves are knit by starting at the cuff and working up to the fingers. I wanted to try a different technique, and I'm happy with how it turned out.

Thanks for the kind words on the mysteries!