Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Checking in- and class info

I'm home again (for a good long while... or at least for a couple of months anyway), and getting caught up on correspondence and other chores. I'll be back with lots of pics and cool things from the Michigan trip as soon as I catch my breath. Turns out that traveling 11,000 miles in 2 1/2 months takes a bit out of you.

In the meantime, for local South Dakota Fibery Folk, the class list is up for the North Country Fiber Fair, to be held in Watertown, SD (as always) September 20-22. I'll be teaching Little Tips and Knitting Tricks on Friday, Sept 20, and a new Needlefelted Half-Moon Santa class on Sunday, Sept 22. There is a lot of room in both classes (she says, trying not to sound too terribly needy), so check out the list (click on 2013 fair, then on Class Details. I hope to see some of you there.

And in October, I'll be going to SAFF for the 5th time! I love love love my visits to Asheville.  SAFF is being held Oct. 25-27 this year, and I have classes scheduled for each of the days (Fair Isle Fingerless Mitten Design, Steeking, Tips and Tricks, Writing Patterns for Publication, and a Exclusive Fair Isle Fingerless Mitten workshop with yarn and pattern provided). Some of my classes are filling up, but there is room in each still. Check out the list by clicking on Workshops, and then Schedule.

Of course, there are many many wonderful classes and teachers at both of these events, so maybe other offerings will appeal to you. In any case, I hope to see you there.

And then, there's the March 2014 Cruise to the Bahamas, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten on one big ass Royal Caribbean ship. Friends and Fiberworks of Asheville is sponsoring the knitters' cruise, and it promises to be even more fun than the first (and you KNOW how much fun I had on that one). Check out the ship and the info here. You don't have to be from Asheville to sign up (duh), and you don't even have to be a knitter- there are lots of fun classes to take. Go ahead, register. You know you want to!


No comments: