Sunday, November 11, 2007

Definitely October Lights


Or maybe even November. But fall for sure. I love how this tam is coming out, though that first chart was fairly difficult (I made a couple of mistakes that I will have to duplicate stitch to fix- you can see one on the far left *x* on the bottom row)(and I didn't see it until I was much further along- too far to rip)(yes, I will live with this mistake because it's not going to show after I embroider it). The problem was the chart with all those symbols (that's what I get for taking a pattern that calls for 8 yarns and only using 2). I'm about halfway done with the decreases already, and will probably finish the hat tonight. I do wonder how it's giong to block, or if it will hold that tammy shape since the yarn is superwash. We'll see.

2 comments:

N. Maria said...

The colors are definitely fall colors and look very "married" together. I love fair isle knitting ~ just have to get better at it.

Kathleen Taylor said...

It just takes practice- my first Fair Isle pieces weren't very photogenic, but I kept at it. I think stranded colorwork is my favorite kind of knitting now.